There are a number of other health issues that have been found in Basenjis. Some of these are relatively rare, but breeders and owners should have knowledge of these issues. These include but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune Haemolytic Anaemia (AIHA)
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
- Immunoproliferative Small Intestinal Disease (IPSID)
- Cerebrovascular Accidents (CVAs)
- Umbilical and Inguinal Hernias
I explore these issues above and advise, where applicable, my health management program. I have compiled this program to manage or eradicate health concerns from the Tambuzi bloodline. Some of the above issues are rare in Basenjis. Others have no DNA test. Therefore, some issues are not included in my general health management program. Dogs will be tested reactively should the need arise. It is a good idea that Basenji owners and breeders are familiar with these conditions so that the are able to recognise them and have them treated appropriately.